Thanks, Celeste, for making to look into myself at some things that make me unique...
1. One of my all-time favorite movies is "Pride and Prejudice." (A&E Version) I have a wonderful husband who also enjoys watching it. It reminds us a lot of our courtship. We put it in and go to sleep to it probably 4 to 5 times as week. I love the music to it. We can almost quote it verbatim, (especially the second DVD). Another favorite movie we enjoy falling asleep to is "Emma." (I like Jane Austen movies. Ü)
2. When I was in high school, a good friend and I decided we wanted husbands who could sing and dance (to sweep us off our feet and serenade us regularly...Ü). One of our first times getting together was Don needing someone to accompany him for a solo in church.... a couple weeks later I went to the singles country dance, and he was an instructor there!! (and yes, he does sweep me off my feet and "serenade" me regularly...)
3. I edit everything. It is a sickness I have. I think my siblings have it, too, stemming from a mom who was a school teacher. I edit magazines I read, newspaper articles, pamphlets and even billboards. Fortunately, that "sickness" has become a strength for me in my job as a transcriptionist, and I am now editing more than transcribing, making some great money, and enjoying what I do!
4. I do not enjoy reading. I can think of a hundred other things I would rather do than pick up a book. Thankfully, my children did not inherit that and can't put books down. Up until about 18 months ago I had a hard time focusing words on a page. An awesome optometrist in TN (after going to eye doctors since 3rd grade for help with no avail) discovered why my eyes (or brain) did that and now I have prisms in my glasses so reading is easier now... but I don't have time (or take the time) to read for "fun." I'd like to someday...
5. I switch the first letters around on words all the time. It has become quite a funny thing in our family, as you just never know what I'm going to say (including me!). (Box of Matches would be Mox of Batches, Date Night = Nate Dight, etc.) Don and I have had some pretty good laughs, and the kids think it is hilarious. Fortuantely I haven't said anything bad thus far....Ü It has made it, though, where I don't like to speak in public a whole lot for fear something odd could slip out. I can laugh at myself, but I also turn red easily.
6. I do not like being cold. I think moving back to Arizona had more perks than I realized when we decided to come back. I would rather deal with summer heat than be in cold winter weather. I have a space heater at my desk that keeps my feet and fingers warm. I enjoy looking at snow...and even playing in it for a weekend, but I like feeling the sun better.
OK - there are a few of my oddities for all to see. Now I get to tag someone else... I think my sisters.... Sarah, Kathryn, Jessica and Lindsay.
3 comments:
You are very welcome! I love seeing other peoples hidden oddities.
I used to have the same editing sickness, which is pretty funny since I am terrible now. It came from editing books for print. I used to get mad when my textbooks were messed up. Now I have "un-editting sickness" because I stopped caring about my own accuracy.
I have never noticed that you switch the letters around in words. I am bad about saying weird or messed up sentences too.
You are blessed with a spouse that will watch ANY of those movies. I finally got John to watch Sound of Music two years ago... That is about his extent right now.
Have you ever seen Jane Austen's Persuasion? I have it on VHS only. So good! I'll bring it next time we come if you like.
I learned in one of my classes at ASU that there is a word for switching the first letters around in words - but I can't remember what it is. Don't worry - I'm not saying it's a speech problem - I think it was actually in my language science class. Can't remember. But I do remember learning in that class that when you can't think of a word, but it's on the tip of your tongue, it's actually called "tip of the tongue phenomenon" and is a real thing that people of studied and can label. Interesting stuff.
Post a Comment